Makes 8 servings; 151 calories per serving; 5 g protein, 19 g carbohydrates, 7 g fat, 1 g saturated fat, 78 mg sodium, 4 g dietary fiber.
- 1 medium head cauliflower, cored and split into small florets
- Olive oil for coating florets, plus 1-1/2 tablespoons
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1 tsp turmeric
- 1-1/4 cup unprocessed brown rice (Lundberg Wehani from Whole Foods is suggested and you can also use red rice)
- 1/2 cup coarsely chopped unroasted, unsalted cashews
- 1/3 cup seedless dark raisins
- 1/3 cup dried apricots, diced
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped cilantro (or more)
- ¼ to 1/3 cup coarsely chopped mint (or more)
- Juice of ½ lemon (or more)
Put oven rack on upper level and preheat over to 450 degrees.
In large bowl, toss cauliflower florets with just enough olive oil to coat. Season with salt. Dust florets with cumin and turmeric. Spread on rimmed baking sheet and roast for 25 minutes, turning florets once or twice to prevent burning. Let cool.
Make rice according to package directions. Let cool.
In a large bowl combine the florets, rice, cashews, raisins, apricots, cilantro and mint. Add the lemon juice and the remaining 1-1/2 tablespoons of olive oil (optional). Pepper to taste. Serve at room temperature.